b. SOCFLASH for Linux
1. Use putty to remote access Linux
2. Type ./UH8L –d to get BMC ip address and MAC address. Record it.
3. If you got error which similar as follows, please help to install glibc or download rpm to install it.
/lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
a. Yum install glibc.i686
b. Download and install two rpm file
4. Type ./socflash.sh bmc filename skip 2 to flash BMC firmware
5. After SOCFLASH process finished, the BMC will reset automatic. Please wait more than 30 seconds.
6. Type ./UH8L –d to confirm IP Address and MAC Address of BMC. If it changed, you have to reset to correct IP Address and MAC Address.
7. If MAC Address changed, type /UH8L –m correct MAC Address to reset it.
8. Type ./UH8L –d to check MAC Address
9. The BMC must reset to get new configuration, so you have to manually reset BMC by IPMITOOL
Command: ipmitool –I lanplus –H ip/server name –U root –P superuser mc reset cold
10. Wait for 30 seconds. Then BMC function restarted.